Need a Hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV for the Mountain Heritage Arts & Crafts Festival? Come Stay with Us!October 6, 2016 10:54 pm
The Mountain Heritage Arts & Crafts Festival occurs in nearby Jefferson County every year. While the 2016 event has already taken place, the 2017 dates are set for September 22 thru September 24. Enjoy fine arts, music, wine and crafts as you also take in the fall foliage. Book a hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV and enjoy the full historic experience. Here is what you can enjoy while attending this well-known regional event:
- Pre-selected artisans: Not just anyone can display their wares at the festival. Every booth you visit underwent a pre-selection process that assessed the quality of the goods and their relevance to mountain culture. You will know that you are handling quality art pieces that reflect this region well. This is one of many reasons why we are considered one of the highest quality arts festivals in the U.S.
- The Sit and Sip Tent: Local wines, craft brewed beers and ciders are brewed all throughout this state. You can enjoy them in the comfortable Sit and Sip Tent, where many brewers and vintners look forward to sharing their creations with you. While you must be 21 and older to enter the tent, it is a great place to sit as you indulge in a local beverage.
- Children’s activities: No, you cannot take your kids into the Sit and Sip Tent with you, but there are still workshops for them to enjoy. Give them the opportunity to try local crafts and create their own art pieces. This year, we featured a coloring station, mini pumpkin art and a Make-It-Take-It wood craft. All of these activities are first-come-first-served, so keep an eye on the schedule. Many of the booths also feature products for children, so consider buying them a gift with regional flair. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a unique family activity.
- Affordable entrance fees: Tickets are $7.00 for adults and $4.00 for children between the ages of six and 17. You can purchase discounted tickets from our website, and parking is always free.
- Live music: Traditionally, live music occurs on Saturday and Sunday. It starts at 11:00 a.m. and continues until 4:45 p.m. This is some of the best bluegrass music in the state, so considering the cost of the entrance fee, you are getting a very good deal on quality entertainment.
- Regional food: Besides art, crafts, local brews and music, you will also fail to go hungry at the festival. Check out popular regional dishes whether you need a meal or just a snack. There is a variety of food available every year, and many people often visit just to try it!
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast is not just a typical hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV. We offer comfortable suites with a local flavor, and we are centrally located to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park. We are near the Mountain Heritage Arts & Crafts Festival, too! Call us today to make a reservation and start your West Virginia adventure.
Categorised in: Locale
This post was written by admin